Providence Friars 74 (18-11)
Georgetown Hoyas 69 (15-12)
Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6, Not 7….but 8!!! Make it 8 wins in a row for the Providence Friars against the Georgetown Hoyas. The Hoyas might just be my second favorite team in the Big East if they keep letting us use them as a doormat.
It may be a different coach with Patrick Ewing at the helm, but the results are the same. The Friars had 4 players in double-figures and were money all day from deep, going 10-19 from three point range en route to a much needed win in a game that the Friars couldn’t lose to keep their strive for 5 straight NCAA Tournaments in tact.
- Both Alpha Diallo and Kyron Cartwright finished 1 assist short of a double-double.
- Kyron Cartright finished with 16 points, 9 assists, and just 1 turnover.
- Alpha Diallo finished with 14 points, 9 assists, and just 1 turnover.
- I’d say that’s a pretty great combo of 18 assists and 2 turnovers. Let’s see what Coach had to say about all the assists.
Proud of our guys today, in addition to our defensive intensity, love the 22 assists on 28 made baskets led by Kyron and Alpha with 9 assists each.
— Ed Cooley (@CoachCooleyPC) February 24, 2018
- Rodney Bullock was money all game, scoring a team-high 19 points and grabbing a team-high 8 rebounds. Bullock connected on 5 three-pointers and was on-point with his trailing bombs all game long.
- Nate Watson looked fantastic in his return home to the DMV area. Watson had 12 points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals, and an assist and gave a preview of they player that he’s going to be going forward for the Friars.
- His pops had a nice tweet about his return before the game.
This might be an away game for Providence but it’s a homecoming for Nate Watson as he plays at Capital One Arena in the area where he played High School Ball 70+Family are here for the big fella #gofriars #March#madness
— junathaen watson (@cho757) February 24, 2018
- Jessie Govan continues to look like the best player on the planet when he plays the Friars. Govan notched a double-double with a game-high 20 points and 11 rebounds.
- Or maybe Marcus Derrickson looks like the best player on the planet. He finished with a double-double including 11 points and 15 rebounds.
- Let’s check out their last couple of games against PC:
- Govan – 2/24/18 @ Georgetown – 8/15, 20 points, 11 rebounds
- Derrickson – 2/24/18 @ Georgetown – 5/16, 11 points, 15 rebounds
- Govan – 2/6/18 @ Providence – 11/18, 27 points, 7 rebounds
- Derrickson – 2/6/18 @ Providence – 3/10, 9 points, 9 rebounds
- They’ll both be back next year as the twin towers.
- Providence just seems to struggle against big guys with agility and get smashed on the boards especially.
- Awesome pic of some All-Time Providence College greats.
- Post-game win pic. And the best-in-pic goes to…everyone except for Drew Edwards. We’ll just five it to Rocke then.
Next Up, the Friars stay on the road against Xavier.