Providence Friars 77 (17-11)
Seton Hall Pirates 89 (19-9)
This was a weird game.
For the second time in two years, the floor at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence was extremely slippery and dangerous to play on due to the unusually warm conditions. This time however, both coaches agreed that it was so dangerous that they suspended the game due to the conditions after a couple of players slipped on some wet spots.
They resumed the next day on the Providence campus as it would have been a nightmare to try and reschedule the last 13 minutes of the game with only so many days remaining in each team’s schedule.
The Friars were in luck as the game was getting away from them before being called and they started off the next day on a tear, closing the gap all the way to a single point before Seton Hall eventually got their stuff together and took care of the Friars. Kyron Cartwright did all that he could be he didn’t get the help that he needed to steal the game from the Pirates.
- Surprise, Surprise, Angel Delgado recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Khadeen Carrington and Kyron Cartwright matched each other with 25 points each. Cartwright won the assist battle with 6 compared to 2 for Carrington.
- Myles Powell has really improved this year for Seton Hall. Every time the Friars went on a run, it seemed like Powell knocked down a huge shot to put some distance between the two again. Powell finished with 20 points on 6-12 shooting, 4-6 from deep.
- Desi Rodriguez fell (literally) victim to the wet floor conditions at the Dunk and wasn’t able to make it back during the second day of the game. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious because that would be a shit way to go out on the season, both for a player and a team. The Dunk HAS to be better than that.
- Maliek White was once again great off the bench. White scored 9 points in 9 minutes, going 4-6 from the floor. He’s been a sparkplug for this team lately.
- Kalif Young grabbed 10 boards and has now grabbed 7 or more rebounds in 4 of the last 5 games.
- Alpha Diallo scored 10 points and took down 8 rebounds before fouling out for the Friars.
- Rodney Bullock scored 13 points and 6 rebounds.
- The Friars recorded 13 assists to 12 turnovers. They need to be better than that to win some games.
- The win highlight for the game was Kyron Cartwright going over 1,000 points for his Providence career.
Next Up, the Friars travel down to Georgetown to try and get things back on track.
One thought on “Game Recap: Seton Hall Beats the Friars Over 2 Days After the Dunk Becomes a Slip-And-Slide”
Pingback: 2017-2018 Men’s Basketball Schedule | The Morning Hangover