Providence Friars 57 (14-8)
Seton Hall Pirates 73 (17-5)
For real, let’s just throw out the tape on this game and move on. There’s not much good that you can take away from this game and it won’t help to look at a lot of the crap that the team displayed.
Alpha Diallo was the only player on the Friars to show up for the game and finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds.
Everything else was all Seton Hall who went on a 19-0 run in the first half to put the game away before it ever really even got started for Providence.
- Alpha Diallo recorded his 4th double-double of the season and finished with a career-high 25 points on 9-17 shooting and 10 rebounds. Diallo was also able to get to the line a team-high 8 times, connecting on 6 of 8.
- Diallo has now scored in double figures in all 9 games since returning from injury.
- Alpha has been the King of the Boards for the Friars for the majority of the season and is averaging 7.8 rebounds per game in Big East conference games.
- Kyron Cartwright and Jalen Lindsey combined to go a combined 0-13 from the floor, including 0-7 from three. Neither attempted a single free throw and neither of them scored a single point in the game.
- Cartwright turned the ball over 4 times vs. just 2 assists. Even just two assists brings Kyron a little closer to Ernie D’s 2nd place all-time assist total.
1. Vincent Council – 725
2. Ernie DiGregorio – 662
3. Kyron Cartwright – 580
4. Kris Dunn – 552
5. Billy Donovan – 546
6. Carlton Screen – 532
7. Ricky Tucker – 520
8. Bob Misevicius – 490
T-9. Erik Murdock – 487
T-9. Vin Ernst – 487
- Jalen Lindsey didn’t make a three-point basket and thus ends the longest three-point made basket streak in the nation.
- The streak ends at 47 straight games, 38 of those with multiple made threes. Here’s a breakdown of made threes over that incredible streak for Jalen.
- 1 made three – 10 games
- 2 made threes – 13 games
- 3 made threes – 12 games
- 4 made threes – 11 games
- 6 made threes – 1 game
- That’s really all there is to talk about for the Friars. It would be best to have a short memory.
- Oh, and Angel Delgado had another double-double…la-dee-freaking-da.
Next Up, the Friars end their 3-game road trip with a trip to Marquette.