Providence College Friars (22-9) 32
Butler Bulldogs (21-9) 30
Providence and Butler are meeting for the third time this year in the second round of the 4th ‘New’ Big East Tournament at MSG. The Friars are taking the lead into the half.
- Kris Dunn looks LOCKED IN today.
- Dunn is being uber aggressive in this game. He picked up his 2nd foul near the end of the half but I prefer an aggressive Dunn. That’s when he’s at his most effective. Dunn has 7 points and 5 assists at half.
- Ben Bentil looks unstoppable on the offensive end. Butler doesn’t have anyone on their roster that can matchup with him. He started 6/7 from the floor but went into the half shooting 7/12. He leads all scorers with 15 points.
- Jalen Lindsey is still building off his momentum from scoring in double figures in the last three games and dropping 30 in the Friars last game against St. John’s. He loves to play under the big postseason lights it looks like.
- Butler closed the half on a 10-0 run. Can’t have that happen.
- Kellen Dunham looks like he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder and pulling up from wherever he wants. He has crazy range. Dunham single-handedly kept the Bulldogs in this first half.
- I’m not sure if I’ve seen a team shoot this bad on 2-point shots but this good on 3-point shots. Butler shot 11% on 2s and 70% on 3s (7/10).
- Kelan Martin (1/6) and Roosevelt Jones (0/3) were a combined 1/9 which I don’t expect to be the case in the 2nd half.
- Hey Austin Etherington, I don’t know who you are, but stop hitting shots off the bench please…k, thanks.
- PC shot 50% compared to Butler’s 32% in the first half but only leads by 2 at half.
- This is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended for the Bulldogs) and is ramping up with fast breaks the longer the game goes on.
- Does it seem like Rodney Bullock has feet for hands sometimes? He dropped two clean rebounds out of bounds with only PC players around him under their own hoop.