I’m grateful to all the schools that have recruited me but I have narrowed it down to my final 4. I’m truly blessed to be in this position. pic.twitter.com/9HU4zxn16g
— Ted Mosby,Architect (@ajreeves11) June 1, 2017
Four-Star shooting guard A.J. Reeves recently posted to twitter that he has cut his list down to four final schools that he’ll choose from to attend next year and continue his athletic and scholastic pursuits. The final four list includes Big East schools Providence and Villanova, along with ACC schools Virginia and Louisville.
Reeves is a 6’6” shooting guard out of Brimmer & May and Mass Rivals that has continued to show off his shooting prowess and high-level athleticism over the past couple of years.
1) First of all, Ted Mosby, Architect is what I like to see from my recruits in their Twitter names.
2) Secondly, I’m trying to figure out which one of the “final four” pics I like the best.
I think I’m I’m going to go with the third picture, it looks the most professional in my opinion anyway. I’m not going to look into things too deeply, but I like the fact that Providence is on the top row of each picture…it may mean absolutely nothing, but to me it means absolutely everything.
3) I don’t think it should go overlooked that Providence recently received the commitment of fellow Mass Rivals standout guard Makai Ashton-Langford.
4) Providence College is the closest school to A.J.’s home. Being a guy that’s big on family, I think that will play a small part into what school he chooses to go for college. In his twitter bio, he has #famfirst listed with the following saying, “chasing the dream trying to provide for my fam.” What’s Ed Cooley’s motto for this team again? Oh yeah…
“US, WE, FAMILY, TOGETHER, FRIARS.”
5) Looking at the Crystal Ball predictions from 247sports of which school Reeves will pick, I can’t help but be encouraged, even if it’s just speculation.
6) Of the Final Four schools on Reeves’ list, only Villanova and Providence are Catholic schools. Now, I know I’m grasping at straws a little for anything that I can use to have him leaning to PC, but he does seem to be religious as well, listing Psalm 1 in his Twitter bio, a very poignant selection contrasting the righteous man from the wicked.
Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
7) How about some highlights to get you hyped up on the awesomeness of Mr. Reeves…shall we?
Just watching this mixtape, a few things jump right out at you. I obviously already knew his shooting stroke was a thing of beauty, so that was apparent immediately. His athleticism and size are college ready RIGHT NOW. It’s usually hard to get a feel for a guy defensively from mixtapes because they’re normally about 99% offense but his ability to rise up and block shots was unexpected when I first pressed play. But, the most impressive thing from the entire mixtape is…you can tell he has that fire. That type of drive that separates the the really good players from the great players. This kid is going to be an undeniable STUD.
As for a fit within Providence’s team. Next year’s squad will be losing Jalen Lindsey, Kyron Cartwright, Emmitt Holt, and Rodney Bullock. That’s four starting spots right there. What the Friars haven’t had in a while is a sharpshooting 2-guard. Even on this year’s squad, it’s basically Cartwright and a lot of 3’s and 4’s that fill out the roster. A couple year’s ago it was Junior Lomomba who was more of a glue guy with stellar defense and reliability on all fronts than a true 2-guard. Reeves can slip right into playing time at the 2-spot.
I’m warming up to the actual realistic possibility of both Reeves and teammate David Duke could team up on the Friars and I’m getting fucking pumped about it…throw in Cole Swider and that class is one of the top classes in the entire Nation. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but what’s the fun in speculation if you’re not having some wishful thinking in the off-season?
2 thoughts on “A.J. Reeves Cuts Final List to 4 Schools: PC, Nova, Louisville, & Virginia”
Pingback: Top 50 Recruit A.J. Reeves Commits to Providence College | The Morning Hangover
Pingback: A.J. Reeves | The Morning Hangover